Places We Play
- Molly Malone's (Cincinnati, OH) - FinTan's home pub; great food (especially the Fish and Chips) and a huge selection of on tap brew AND home of the best St Paddy's day party in Cincinnati every March 17th; call ahead for reservations to our shows (513) 531-0700 - Located at 6111 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati OH
- The Dingle House (West Chester, OH) - Catch FinTan at our favorite "west side" pub; The Dingle House has a fantastic menu and is a great fun place to play; seating is somewhat limited so call ahead for reservations to our shows (513) 874-7468 - Located at 9102 West Chester Towne Centre Road West Chester Township, OH 45069
- Claddagh @ Deerfield Twone Center (Mason, OH) - Located on Mason-Montgomery Road, we always like seeing our "East-sider" friends at the Claddagh in Mason; well known for their outstanding menu and great bar, the Claddagh has great atmosphere as well. Catch us on stage in the bar area; call ahead for reservations (513) 770-0999 - Located at 5075 Deerfield Boulevard Mason, OH 45040
- Claddagh @ Polaris (Columbus, OH) - our favorite place to hang out in Columbus, have a bite and tip a pint with our Columbus "Crew" - call ahead for reservations (614) 885-0100 - Located at 8745 Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH 43240
- Peach's Grill (Yellow Springs, OH) - We usually pop in once a year around St Paddy's Day to play a few tunes, but any time we're in Yellow Springs we always stop in for a bite at Peach's and say hi to Christine and Don. They have a wide variety of beers, a huge menu, and are a big-time supporter of live music in southwest Ohio.
- The Dublin Pub - Dayton's Only Traditional Irish Pub. Great food and live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Open mic Tuesday nights run by our friend Bruce Knapp. Call ahead for reservations to our shows because seating is limited 937-224-7822 - Located just outside the Oregon District at the corner of Wayne Avenue and 5th Street.
Friends of the Band
- Prime Tours (Columbus OH) - When we travel, we let Prime Tours make all the arrangements. Dave Matthews and the whole crew at Prime Tours are ready, willing and able to help you plan your next trip. Check them out. Email Prime Tours: info@GoPrimeTours.com
- Cincinnati Celtic Festival - Prudence and all our friends at the Cincinnati Celtic Festival put on a great show every year; come and see FinTan along with many others perform in beautiful fountain square every September
- Smallwood Studio - Home of the one and only Malkum Gibson, Malkum Gibson and the Mighty Juke and Handlebar Productions; Malkum has produced our last 3 albums and we can't imagine working with anyone else
- Dulahan - Dulahan connects with fans of traditional Celtic music along with listeners new to the energy, emotion and history of this music.
- Dublin Irish Festival - Held in Dublin Ohio the first week of August each year, the Dublin Irish Festival is one of premier festivals in all of North America. With 6+ stages, 3 days of fantastic music, lots of vendors and other attractions its a great time for the entire family.
- Homeland - A quartet of central Ohio musicians, performing a unique brand of progressive rock combined with our Celtic influences.
- Roger Drawdy and the Firestarters - The Firestarters play Irish music with an eye toward American Rock. Formed in 2000, Roger Drawdy and the Firestarters have performed in numberous venues throughout the Midwest.
- The House of Guitars (HOG) - Located in Rochester NY, the HOG boasts thousands of guitars and they are not fooling around; run by musicians whether you need a guitar, bass, gear, help or just some good advice if you're anywhere near Rochester this place is worth checking out
Things We Love
- Dorothy Lane Market - A Dayton original, we get cakes for all our parties from their amazing bakery. Simply an incredible place to shop.
- The Smokin' BBQ - Pit Master Jim Teal knows smoke; for a taste of real Texas slow smoked goodness, stop in at 5th and Jefferson across from the Neon Movies - try the sliced brisket! Best smoked turkey EVER!
- Esther Price Candy - another Dayton original Esther Price is known far and wide as some of the best candy there is. Still traditional, still family owned and still amazing after more than 80 years
- S.A.N.E - Sewing Aids and Notions for Everyone - The Wohlafka family has run their Home Economics supply business for the home and business market since 1975 but in 1999 they set up shop in Hamilton OH and have been there ever since
Gear We Use
- Sennheiser Microphones - for live sound nothing compares to Sennheiser. FinTan uses these fine microphones for all our vocals
- Shure Electronics - FinTan only uses the finest wireless system available and those systems are made by Shure. Crystal clear wireless sounds from mics and monitors plus no hassle setup makes Shure an easy choice
- Yamaha Live Sound Equipment - FinTan uses Yamaha sound equipment to create their unique live sound; for soundboards and speakers Yamaha's durability and quality holds up to the band's busy road schedule
- Liquid Violins - check out the amazing instruments these guys are producing; our very own fiddler Bryan K loves his and it always turns heads at our live shows
- Washburn Guitars - Pat loves his 12 string and gets a lot of compliments on its great sound and look; check out the amazing range of guitars these guys build
- D'Addario Strings - After more than 20 years of playing a host of guitars, Pat now only puts D'Addario strings on his guitars; EJ16s on the Six Strings and EJ38s on the Twelve Strings - sweet!